Organizing the paper clutter is one of the most important parts of the clutter management as you need to read each and every document carefully, to claim it as useful or useless. Thus, it is not a thing, which you can simply look and decide its status of to be thrown away or to be kept back. Thus, paper clutter is a big monster which can really matter extremely, if you are not used to uncluttering it timely. It may accumulate to the levels, which you can’t even imagine and when you look at it, you simply wonder – do I really need all this? What am I doing with all the junk?
Do not worry! It’s never too late, but in certain cases like the paper clutter, it is! All you think of is- I wish I would have managed it earlier! Yes, what you think is correct. Periodic management of paper clutter is important, so that it does not cause you much trouble. Here are certain steps, which you can take during the paper clutter management:
1. Keeping a check list
• You must keep a check list of how long you need certain documents. Of course, you cannot throw away the agreement papers of your home, but the papers from the old rental property, ten year old electricity bills, you surely can!
• Understand the life of the document and note it down. The moment you understand that you are no more in need of a document, you can shred that document using a shredder. One can buy fellowes shredders which are ideal for use in office and at home.
2. Prepare a file box:
• Maintaining a file-box both at home and at office is the best thing you can do to your important paper clutter.
• You can shred the extra paper using an advanced technology shredder, which you can look out online.
• Your important documents thus remain safe and remember that filing is an extremely important factor while dealing with the paper clutter. Any important documents can also be spiral bind using good wire binding machines so that they remain safe and can be kept properly in a box.
3. Stop the junk mail today!
• You need to stop all the unwanted receipts and notifications, which you receive from the bank, an organization, etc.
• In today’s world of internet, where there are e-bills, e-mails, etc., you do not need to place order for some hard copy, which you receive monthly, that too in dozen. You can thus save trees rather!
In this way, you must be able to make a choice between the wanted and unwanted paper stuff at your home and as well as office. Stay organized, as it is the sign of a best worker at the office and a best care taker of your home! The difference is, at office, you may get some reward for this, but at home, you need to reward yourself!